Participation in Eurodoc – European Council of Doctoral Candidates and Junior Researchers
The Young Academy of Slovenia is a member of the international federation Eurodoc – the European Council of Doctoral Candidates and Junior Researchers. There are currently 29 national associations of doctoral candidates that are members of Eurodoc. The associations have seats in the European Union Member States (Austria, Belgium, Czechia, Denmark, Finland, France, Croatia, Italy, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Hungary, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden), EFTA States (Norway and Switzerland), and Eastern Partnership countries (Azerbaijan and Ukraine). There are also 3 observer countries associated with Eurodoc – Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia and Turkey.
Eurodoc’s fundamental objectives are to:
- represent doctoral candidates and junior researchers at European level in matters of their education, research and professional development;
- advance the quality of doctoral programmes and the standards of research activity in Europe;
- promote the circulation of information on issues regarding early-career researchers and organise events;
- participate in debates, and assist in the elaboration of policies about Higher Education and Research in Europe;
- establish and promote cooperation between national associations representing doctoral candidates and junior researchers within Europe.
Our members in Eurodoc:
- dr. Sebastian Dahle, Biotechnical Faculty, University of Ljubljana (2021/22 Administrative Board member, 2022/23 vice-president, 2023/24 president),
- Maja Dolinar, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana (2021/22 and 2023/24 co-coordinator and 2022/23 coordinator of the Open Science Working Group, Open Science Ambassador 2021/22)
- dr. Danila Rijavec, Faculty of Public Administration, University of Ljubljana (2020/21 and 2021/22 coordinator of the Mobility Working Group, 2021/22 and 2022/23 treasurer and Administrative Board member)
- dr. Ana Slavec, InnoRenew CoE (2019/20 coordinator, 2018/19 and 2020/21 co-coordinator of the Open Science Working Group, Open Science Ambassador 2019/20 and 2020/21)
- Anja Uršič, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana (2020/21 co-coordinator of the Equality Working Group)
- dr. Tadej Stepišnik Perdih, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University of Ljubljana (2019/20 WG Governance Coordinator)
- dr. Nejc Novak, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University of Maribor (Open Science Ambassador 2019/20 and 2020/21)