- Slovenian civil service wage system
- Higher Education Act (ZVis)
- Minimum standards for election to the titles of higher education teachers, researchers and higher education associates at higher education institutions
- Research and Development Activity Act (ZRRD) – in force from 2002 to 2021
- Scientific Research and Innovation Activities Act (ZZrID) – in force from December 2021 onwards
- Collective agreement for research activities
- Rules on research titles
- Code register and comparison chart of research titles (ARRS)
- Rules on the Procedures for the (Co)financing and Assessment of Research Activities and on Monitoring the Implementation of Research Activities (ARRS)
- Resolution on the National Research and Development Programme 2011-2020 (ReRIS11-20)
Data and statistics
- Slovenian Current Research Information System (SICRIS) – the Institute of Information Science in Maribor (IZUM)
- Annual budget of the Republic of Slovenia for science and information society in the last ten years – Ministry of Finance
- Tertiary education students by type of education and study programme, Slovenia, annually – SiStat database, Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia
- Tertiary education graduates by age, sex and type of education, Slovenia, annually – SiStat database, Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia
- Scope and structure of funding for the Young Researchers Programme – ARRS
- Scope and structure of funding to promote the employment of young PhDs – ARRS
- Funding and FTE (full-time researchers) for postdoctoral projects – ARRS
- Comparison of Slovenia’s research excellence with foreign countries – ARRS
- Research and Innovation Observatory Country Report for Slovenia – European Commission
- European Innovation Scoreboard – European Commission
Analyses and publications
- Arsenjuk, U., Vidmar, D. (2015). Karierne poti doktoric in doktorjev znanosti. Statistični urad Republike Slovenije, Ljubljana.
- Demšar, F., Kontler-Salamon, J. (2019). Slovenska znanost: akademska igra ali adut družbenega napredka? Založba Univerze na Primorskem, Koper
- Eurodoc (2017). Defining ‘Junior Researchers’ and Challenges they Face. European Council of Doctoral Candidates and Junior Researchers, Bruselj.
- Györkös, J., Glavič Novak, T., ur. (2016). > 30: več kot 30 let programa Mladi raziskovalci. Javna agencija za raziskovalno dejavnost Republike Slovenije, Ljubljana.
- Hofman, A., ur. (2017). Znanost (brez) mladih: Zgodnje stopnje znanstvene kariere skozi perspektivo spola. Založba ZRC, ZRC SAZU, Ljubljana
- Kismihók, G. et al. (2019). Declaration on Sustainable Researcher Careers. Marie Curie Alumni Association in European Council of Doctoral Candidates and Junior Researchers, Bruselj.
- Lešer, V. J., Širca, N. T., Dermol, V., Trunk, A. (2018). Career opportunities for PhD graduates in the knowledge-based economy: case of Slovenia. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 238, 104–113.
- Ministrstvo za izobraževanje, znanost in šport (2016). Slovenian Strategy for Strengthening the European Research Area 2016–2020 (“Slovenian ERA Roadmap”).
- Novak, P. (2017). Analiza zaposlovanja doktoric in doktorjev znanosti po usposabljanju za obdobje od 2012 do 2016. Javna agencija za raziskovalno dejavnost Republike Slovenije, Ljubljana.
- Romih, T., Slavec, A., Žitnik, S. (2020). Trg dela za raziskovalce na začetku kariere v Sloveniji (2010–2019): Poročilo, nastalo v okviru projekta »Reducing the Precarity of Research Careers« v organizaciji OECD, kjer kot deležnik sodeluje Eurodoc. Društvo Mlada akademija, Ljubljana.
Financing of doctoral and postdoctoral training in Slovenia
- Decree on co-financing doctoral studies
- Young Researchers programme – Slovenian Research Agency (ARRS)
- Scholarships for Slovenian doctoral students and young PhDs from the national program of the World Federation of Scientists (World Laboratory) – Slovenian Science Fundation
- Janko Jamnik Doctoral Scholarship for a promising young researcher in the field of chemistry and related sciences – National Institute of Chemistry
- Ad Futura scholarships for the education of foreign citizens in Slovenia – Public Scholarship, Development, Disability and Maintenance Fund of the Republic of Slovenia
- Bilateral Scholarships – CMEPIUS (for the study of foreign citizens in Slovenia)
- Aleš Debeljak Programme for connecting Slovenian knowledge and innovations
- Co-financing of Marie Skłodowska-Curie research projects – Seal of Excellence – ARRS
- Co-financing of adapted research projects under the complementary scheme for applications to European Research Council (ERC) calls – ARRS
- Director’s Fund of the »Jožef Stefan« Institute
- Developmental Fund of the Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana
- Scholarships for studying abroad – Public Scholarship, Development, Disability and Maintenance Fund of the Republic of Slovenia
- Scholarships for studying at the European University Institute (EUI) – Public Scholarship, Development, Disability and Maintenance Fund of the Republic of Slovenia
- Scholarships for individual mobility of students abroad within the Erasmus+ programme – Public Scholarship, Development, Disability and Maintenance Fund of the Republic of Slovenia
- Co-financing of postdoctoral studies at the EUI – Public Scholarship, Development, Disability and Maintenance Fund of the Republic of Slovenia
- Fulbright Program – Public Scholarship, Development, Disability and Maintenance Fund of the Republic of Slovenia
- Financing of foreignt study or scientific visits for undergraduate students – Public Scholarship, Development, Disability and Maintenance Fund of the Republic of Slovenia
- Financing of project hosting at Slovenian higher education institutions – Public Scholarship, Development, Disability and Maintenance Fund of the Republic of Slovenia
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions – Ministry of Education, Science and Sports
- ASEF Junior Fellows Program – The American Slovenian Education Foundation (ASEF)
- Scholarships for visits to the ERC project grantees’ labs – ARRS
- EURAXESS – Researchers in Motion (employment portal of the European Commission)
- Study in Slovenia – CMEPIUS/Erasmus+ (information on the study of foreign citizens in Slovenia)
- Slovenia Regional Group of the Marie Curie Alumni Association
- Fillery-Travis et al. (2017). A handbook for supervisors of modern doctorate candidates: Insights from practice. Konzorcij Erasmus+ projekta SuperProfDoc, London.
- Ren, Z., Mumel., D. (2017). Mentoriranje doktorskih študentov: delovna obveza ali privilegij? Univerza v Mariboru, Maribor.
- Ren, Z. (2020). Učinkovito vodenje doktorskih študijskih programov. Univerza v Mariboru, Maribor.
- Managing mood disorders with greater mental health literacy (OMRA) – in Slovenian
- Researcher Mental Health and Well-being Manifesto – Researcher Mental Health COST Action
- Mental Health in Academia – Zoë J. Ayres, PhD
- ThinkWell Resources – Hugh Kearns, PhD
- Inside Academia – Robert Seaborne, PhD & Martino V. Franchi, PhD
- Academia is Killing My Friends – Anonymous Stories of Abuse, Exploitation and Suffering in Academia
- Anonymous Letters – 2021 European Astronomical Society Annual Meeting: Special Session on Welfare and Mental Health in Astronomy Research
- Bonn Declaration on Freedom of Scientific Research
- The Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA)
- Leiden Manifesto for Research Metrics
- The Hong Kong Principles for assessing researchers: Fostering research integrity
- The Metric Tide – Independent Review of the Role of Metrics in Research Assessment and Management
- Conclusions of the workshop »Criteria for academic promotion in Slovenia« – results and recommendations (2020) – in Slovenian
- Defining the Role of Authors and Contributors – International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE)
- Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE)
- Beall’s List of Potential Predatory Journals and Publishers
- Stop Predatory Journals
- Path2Integrity (educational content on research integrity)
- CRediT – Contributor Roles Taxonomy
- Scholarly Kitchen (official blog of the Society for Scholarly Publishing)
Open and citizen science
- ‘Plan S’ and ‘cOAlition S’
- Foster Open Science (educational portal on everything connected to open science)
- FAIR Data Principles
- Open Research Europe (open publishing platform of the European Commission)
- Zenodo (digital repository managed by CERN)
- Digitalni repozitorij raziskovalnih organizacij Slovenije (DiRROS)
- Creative Commons
- European Citizen Science Association (ECSA)
- EU-Citizen.Science (platform for citizen science projects)
- Experiment (crowdfunding platform for researchers)