The National Science Month
Since 2017 the Young Academy of Slovenia has been collaborating with the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport on the latter’s project the National Science Month. The project consists of a string of events at which participants present the work and successes of the Slovenian scientists and promote the Slovenian scientific and research activity. The events take place each year from October to December. In 2017 we organised a moderated viewing of the film Arrival at Slovenska kinoteka. From 2018 onwards we have been organising live and web events on open science. These events were carried out in the course of one or several days.
- 2017: Science in the film Arrival (Slovenska kinoteka)
- 2018: Open Science – Challenges and Opportunities for Early-Career Researchers (Ministry of Education, Science and Sports)
- 2019: a conference on open research data in Slovenia and a workshop for researchers (University Library Maribor)
- 2020: Open Science – a series of 4 online events (YouTube)
- 2021: Open Science – a series of 4 online events (YouTube)
- 2022: Open Science – Openness to Better Research (hybrid: Ministry of Education, Science and Sports / YouTube)